Reflective summary

Looking back at my final major project I, personally, feel like I have accomplished a good quality of work and research. As this has been a subject that I have always been interested in and not worked with in a while I have enjoyed going back and looking into family photography and being able to focus my photography around Joe has really encouraged me to see what I like most about photography.

I have discovered many new practitioners that work within family photography which has given me a chance to look at and see how others see family photography, the artists that I have researched have really helped in the development of my project because I was able to see what aspects of family photography that I like and that I don’t like.

I have been really happy with feedback through out the project, mainly on how to present my work in the exhibition because my initial ideas of presentation were good but I am happy that I have been able to show a large quantity of my work. I had a lot of images of Joe from this project and was finding it really difficult having to edit them down and pick 6/8 images but the ideas I got from feedback gave me the opportunity to showcase a lot more of my images therefore I didn’t have to pick and choose between my favorite images.

There wasn’t too many problems that occurred during my project, my main difficulty was the mounting. I found it hard getting the measurements correct and figuring out how much space/how many images I was going to be able to use. With a little help and focus in the end I was able to work out the best way for my images to be presented and the mounting became a lot easier. I was also struggling on how the final piece would look when it wasn’t on the wall as I feel that it won’t be a completed piece until it is mounted and screwed to the wall, but when laid out on the floor with all components together I was able to see how it will potentially look and I am really happy with the final piece.

I feel this project could easily continue in the future and it is definitly something I would like to carry on with. Joe has been a big focus within my photography and I hope in the future I can do similar projects like this which will show a progress of not only my photography work but also show the progression and development of Joe, which I feel will be a really interesting aspect for both myself and Joe to look back on.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this project and really feel like I have come along way with it. I hope that my project is appreciated at the exhibition and that people take an interest in my work and also an interest in Joe.

Advertisements
Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

Final exhibition piece

Not the best photos but I pieced all the bits together and laid them out on the floor…

Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

Perspex

So after having difficulty with tracking down a supplier that sells this kind of sized perspex to the public, it finally arrived!!

I knew my dimensions were big but I was shocked at the size of it when it arrived and my first thought was how was I going to get it to uni, however this won’t be a massive problem.

The piece of perspex is 2m long x 0.5m wide x 2mm thick. I was told by the supplier that the perspex would be quite bendy because of having it long but thin but this isn’t a problem and I think it will look good when all put together on the wall. I have bought some mirror screws which are simple screws that have a cap on top so you are unable to see the actual screw, this was what I was initially looking for as I felt it would make the piece look more professional.

Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

New budget

 

  • Disposable cameras; £0
  • Developing the film; £3 per camera
  • Scanning negatives; £0
  • Printing final images; 99p for 2 images (around £30 in total)
  • Mounting/framing; perspex £15 , screws £2
Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

Changes

I have had to make a few minor changes to my final piece due to the fact that I was unable to get a the mount card big enough to cover the 2 meters, so I have taken my images down from 60 to 56 which wasn’t a big problem for me as there was a few images that I was unsure about including within the exhibition and this lead me to be able to take them out and use my best/favorite images.

The images have all been mounted onto the card, which i have to say took a while as maths is one of my worst subjects and I kept getting the measurements wrong but I got there in the end….

 

Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

Final prints

I have my chosen final prints, 30 landscape and 30 portrait, and am having them printed at 3 x 4 inches. I have a printing place that can print 2 images onto 6 x 4 paper which has helped decided on the final exhibition space and also helped with funding. The images will be printed without any borders which means having to cut them up which isn’t a massive problem for me. I did try to separate the images with a border but found that the images came out in different sizes and would course more of a problem for me .

Now all images have been chosen, they will be going in for final printing later this week, this will enable me to make changes if any problems occur before the deadline next Wednesday.

Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment

Scale model of exhibition space

The scale model of the exhibition space was made so that we could allocate wall space and special requirements for certain people. For myself I don’t need anything other than the allocated 3 meter wall space, so shrunk my 2 meters x 0.6 meters down the the scale size of 100 millimeters x 30 millimeters.

 

Posted in 352 MC Professional photographic practice | Leave a comment